The 2nd Ground-based Space Facilities Symposium
will take place from 17 to 19 October 2017
in Toulouse, France
Following the successful first edition in 2013, CNES (Centre National d’Etudes Spatiales) has decided to organize the 2nd Ground-based Space Facilities Symposium in 2017.
The symposium will focus on:
- Launch Range Facilities,
- Launch Complexes,
- Test Facilities.
These topics share common themes, such as:
- protection of people, property and the environment,
- optimisation of costs, schedules and technical performance during both development and operational phases,
- operation activities,
- quality and dependability,
- validation and qualification,
and also specific themes for each topic:
- launch range facilities: general layout, telemetry, telecommand and location systems, down-range tracking, telecommunications, meteorology systems, specific needs for reusable launcher stages, coordination of operations, control/mission centers, satellite preparation facilities, etc.
- launch complexes: infrastructures, flame exhaust ducts and ground acoustics, lightning protection, control benches, launcher ground interfaces, gas and propellant systems and associated production facilities, etc.
- test facilities: for launcher engines and stages or payloads.
We look forward to your participation in this unique event.
Jean Marc ASTORG
CNES Director of Launchers